TIME 6 – 8 Fresh Salmon,Whole Main Bake 30 mins to 1 hour
- 1.5 to 2kg whole Regal Salmon
- 1 cup saffron rice
- 1/2 stalk celery finely, chopped
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- tin foil
- spray on olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C. Combine the saffron rice, celery, capsicums, red onion, parsley and seasoning in a bowl.
- Cut a piece of extra wide foil 15cm longer than the salmon. Lay the tin foil on a flat surface and spray it generously with olive oil. Place the salmon lengthwise in the centre of the tin foil.
- Fill the belly of the salmon with the rice mixture. Spray the salmon with a little more olive oil and place the lemon slices on top.
- Bring the sides of your tin foil together above the centre of the fish and fold over firmly the length of the salmon. Fold in the ends. Place the salmon in a baking tray and bake.
- Bake for 10 minutes per 2cm of salmon thickness.
- Serving suggestion – make a simple Mediterranean salad with chopped tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, black olives, fresh basil and zested lemon rind. Serve with sliced sourdough bread.