This chocolate caramel ice cream truffles recipe is great for dessert or a yummy snack.
Trivia: This is a shocker, but Milton Hershey began his chocolate empire not with chocolate but with caramel.
Tip: For best results, always use good quality chocolate such as that found at ChocolateSource.
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 pound semi-sweet chocolate that you have chopped
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup pecan toasted, finely chopped pecan halves
Tip: To roast pecans, place them on a cookie sheet and place in 350°r; oven for six minutes or until lightly brown in color.
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp brandy
- First, make the ice cream balls. You will need three baking pans. Chill them in the freezer before starting. When ready to start, remove one from the freezer. Next, using a one-inch melon baller like the Oxo Good Grips Melon Baller, make eight balls of ice cream and arrange them on the baking sheet. Return baking sheet to freezer, and make ice cream balls for the other two sheets, working one at a time. Return all baking pans to the freezer for several hours to be sure they are frozen solid.
- When you are ready to move on to the next step, melt the chocolate and oil in a double boiler. The Farberware Classic Series 2-Quart Saucepan with Double Boiler Insert and Lid is a good choice. Do not allow the water to simmer. Stir now and again. Remove the chocolate from the heat when it is partly melted, and continue to stir until it is smooth. When the chocolate is lukewarm, you are ready to go move to the next step.
- Remove one pan from the freezer. Place a wooden skewer into one ice cream ball. Dip it into melted chocolate, swish around until it is covered, and return to the baking pan. Remove the skewer and repeat with the other balls. Return the pan to the freezer, and do the remaining two pans of ice cream balls. However, with the next two pans of balls, roll them in the chopped nuts after dipping them in chocolate. Return all to the freezer and chill until the chocolate has frozen thoroughly. At this time, you can put the balls in an airtight container and store them for up to two days.
- You can make the sauce in advance of serving and warm it in the microwave when it’s showtime. To make the sauce, use a small saucepan to heat the cream, sugars, and butter. Heat at low heat until the sugar dissolves, then slowly bring the sauce to a boil. Stir often, and boil for about three minutes. Take this off the heat and mix in the brandy.
To serve, place an assortment of coated ice cream balls in a nice Bormioli Rocco Alaska Dessert Bowl. Add lukewarm sauce and serve your chocolate caramel ice cream truffles with pride.
Bakeware: Hard to find bakeware and novelty items for cooking.
Return to Home Page with finished with Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Truffles Recipe