Hope everyone had a great Easter! Jen and I are 22 days away from due date and the weather here in Georgia is hot! This might sound crazy, but hot weather makes me want to grill so tonight I made grilled beef braciole with grilled tomato relish. So for those of you that like flank steak this post is for you!
Grilled Beef Braciole with Grilled Tomato Relish
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 teaspoon meat tenderizer
- 5 plum tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Heat the grill on high. Place the steak in a freezer bag with wine, meat tenderizer and chopped garlic clove. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, then coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the tomatoes on all sides.
- Remove the tomatoes from the grill and let cool. Chop and place in a bowl. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil, onion, vinegar, basil and parsley.
- Mix well and let sit at room temperature.
- In a bowl combine cheese, parsley, oregano and garlic in a bowl.
- Remove the steak from the freezer bag and brush the steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture evenly over the steak.
- Roll the steak tightly and tie with kitchen twine.
- Brush the outside with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill, with the seam facing up and grill for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
Time to plate! Cut the string and cut the steak into slices and serve with tomato relish. Here is the dish plated and I used finishing salts:
Share and Enjoy: