So do you ever get tired of grilling chicken and want to add a summer taste to it? Well, this post is for you! Tonight I did grilled chicken with a tomato and olive relish and you will have complete meal done within 30 minutes!
Grilled Chicken with Tomato and Olive Relish
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced tomaotes
- 1/4 cup diced celery with light green leaves
- 1/4 cup diced black olives
- 1/4 cup diced green olives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat grill on high. In a small bowl combine fennel, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and coat the chicken well and let rest (I forgot to take a picture of this).
- In a large bowl add tomatoes, celery, green and black olives, 2 tablespoons olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and let rest.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook with the lid closed as much as possible. I cooked the chicken 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Time to plate! For this meal I made white rice and sweet peas. To complete the main dish, spoon the relish over the chicken and pour some of the lemon juice on top before serving.
Share and Enjoy: