Today was a long and crazy day at work. I called Jen at lunch time and she told me she wanted chicken so I told her to pull chicken breast from the freezer. I really enjoy grilling chicken breast and nothing makes it better than a tasty sauce to go with it. If you ever get tired of the normal grilled chicken then this is a must try recipe!
So let’s cook!
Grilled Chicken with Shiitake Mushroom Vinaigrette
- 1 package shiitake mushrooms, remove stems
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard (a must have for the kitchen if you ask me)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 bone-in, skin on chicken breast
- 1 small shallot, diced
- salt and pepper
- Heat your grill on high.
- In a bowl add 4 tablespoons of canola oil and add mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl whisk together shallots, vinegar, olive oil and parsley until combined.
- In a small dish add chicken breast and coat with the remaining canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Let rest.
- Place on the grill, cap side down and grill the mushrooms until light brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the mushrooms over and cook through for 3 to 5 more minutes. Remove from the grill and place on a cutting board.
- Chop the mushrooms and add to the bowl of vinaigrette. Stir in well and let set while you grill the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the grill skin side down and grill until golden brown, 5 – 8 minutes.
- Flip over, reduce the heat to medium, close the cover and continue grilling for about 10 minutes longer. Remove the chicken from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes or until the internal temperature gets to 165 degrees.
- Time to plate. Place the chicken on a serving dish and top with shiitake vinaigrette.
Now if you don’t like mushrooms you can still use the mustard based vinaigrette.
Jen and I have only one more day till VEGAS and we are looking forward to it. Tomorrow night will be a simple dinner but I will feature the whole meal instead of the main dish. I have been asked over 20+ times a day to feature main dishes but tomorrow I will include a whole meal. Keep the request coming at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share and Enjoy: