|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking time||about 15 min|
- 80 g bacon, diced
- juice and zest of 3 lemons
- 45 ml (3 T) roughly chopped fresh sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 deboned pork loin chops (at least 3-5 cm thick), most of the fat removed
- 45 ml (3 T) olive oil
- 50 g cold butter, cut into slices.
- Mix the bacon, lemon zest, juice of 11/2 lemons, sage, salt and pepper to make a paste and set aside.
- Turn the chops on their sides and make a vertical cut in the middle of each but do not cut all the way through. Splay theÂ meat and flatten slightly with the heel of your palm. Make small crisscross incisions in the meat. Rub the paste over the meat and into the incisions.
- Brush the meat with the oil.
- Place the chops on a folding grill and with the oiled side down cook the chops over medium-hot cols for 6-8 minutes. Turn and cook for another 8 minutes or just done.
- Place the meat on a serving platter and top with the butter slices so they can melt.
- Season the meat with the remaining lemon juice and garnish with the sage leaves.